|(affiliate link below) |
Current guidebook for the series.
Theology Lesson FOR KIDS #5:
Eternal, Holy, Unchangeable God
Today's lesson focuses on three character traits of God; eternal, holy, and unchangeable.
An Eternal God:
"Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalm 90:1-2
Everything in life has a beginning, except for GOD! God has always been! There is NO beginning or ending to God. He is eternal! Dr. Ware shares this thought, "This is a very difficult idea for us to understand, since we do not know anything like this- and that's because there is nothing in all of creation that is like God."
A Holy God:
Who is like you--majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?" Exodus 15:11
God's holiness means He is set apart, unique, one-of-a-kind, separate, and different from all else! Dr. ware shares this thought, "One of the most important things about God's holiness is that He is completely separate from all that is wrong or impure or sinful. Because God is truth, he cannot tell a lie...because God is faithful, he cannot go back on His word...because God is righteous, He cannot do what is evil..."
An Unchangeable God:
"In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded. But you remain the same, and your years will never end." Psalm 102:25-27
We change constantly! We can change our outfit, hair-color, opinions, moods, decisions,etc. GOD DOESN'T! He is who He is, He simply cannot change, He is GOD! AND HE IS A GOOD GOD!!
Specific Ideas for Teaching Lesson Five to Children:
- Make a list, with supporting scripture, of who God is (His character).
- Answer the question WHY is it good that God is eternal, holy, and unchangeable.
- After discussing the lesson respond in worship/song to our great God.
- Write a letter thanking God for who He is!
- Memorize key passages describing who God is.
More General Ideas for Teaching Theology to Children...
- Don't be afraid to challenge your child to THINK! In a world where children have many thoughtless and effortless tasks (video games, TV, and computer time) challenge your child to THINK through great truths of the gospel!
- Take your time to soak up truth! Don't rush through a lesson, allow time, opportunities, and study to help resonate a specific truth within them (and us!!).
- Begin an individual journal or family journal about the theological truths learned, review it regularly.
- Pray that the Lord would give you wisdom and understanding as you seek to honor Him in the teaching and training of your children.
- Pray that God would open the eyes of your child's HEART that they would EMBRACE the gospel not just KNOW the content intellectually (see this related post).
- Talk about these truths DAILY and when teachable moments present themselves take advantage of them!
AND NOW..."Bible Fun for Kids" called Teen Tuesday. Stop on by to see this series for teen girls!!
It's your turn to LINK-UP! Please see the rules below!
Your participation is a BLESSING to me (and I'm sure others as well!)
- Please link up any related post on biblical theology, teaching God's Word to Children, or even a general biblical post for encouragement!
- You may use posts from your archives!
- Please link up the direct post (you can do this by clicking on the title of your desired post to link up then copy/paste that exact URL!)
- I would appreciate if you link back to my blog in some way! You may use my button or copy/past this link... (http://myteachersnameismama.blogspot.com/search/label/Theology%20Thursdays%20FOR%20KIDS!!!) or even a general link to "My Teachers Name is Mama" is appreciated!
- Then LINK-UP! Thank you for your participation as we seek to encourage one another in the raising of our children for the glory of the Lord!
Please check back each week as I may feature your blog the following Thursday! Also follow "My Teacher's Name is Mama" on pinterest to see your links pinned under "Theology Thursdays for Kids LINK-UP."*I reserve the right to remove any post that I feel may not be appropriate or applicable to this particular link-up. Thank you for reviewing and following the link-up rules!
*By linking up you are granting, "My Teacher's Name is Mama" to use your photos and posts on my blog and pinterest (of course they will always be linked back to your site!) THANK YOU!!
If you were featured please grab
the feature button below to display on your blog!
(Quick Tip: copy only the code below the photo,
then paste it into your own blog while in the
then paste it into your own blog while in the
alt="Theology Thursdays FOR KIDS!!!" border="0"