|Click the photo to see all the posts in this series!|
I'm convinced that every family has one! This is the child who is determined, strong-willed, confident, and independent! We may look at these traits as negatives BUT steered in the right direction can become wonderful qualities. Please join me on my new series, "Homeschooling the Strong-Willed Child." In this series I will share with you tips that I have used both in my classroom and home.
Today's tips focus on pointing your child to Christ!
1. Teach them CHRIST! Pointing this child (and all children) to Christ is extremely crucial. I may use words like, "Your temper is not honoring God." Read the bible together daily and memorize helpful verses.
2. Use their outburst as a way to present them with the gospel. I may say, "This (behavior) is sin. Jesus died on the cross for our sins..."
3. Point out your own shortcomings. I may say, "Did you know that mama has tempers too! I ask God to forgive me and help me."
4. PRAY with your child. When there seems to be a consistent break-down I may STOP and say, "We need to pray and ask God to help us."
5. PRAY for your child. Pray and ask God to bring your child to salvation. Ask God to take their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26).
6. PRAY for yourself! Ask the Lord to give you patience and WISDOM to help you train your child in the Lord.