Very shortly we will be getting a new student in our home school! I am expecting a little boy due at the end of March. Much of my attention has been focused on my growing toddler and her learning and now it's time to share my attention! I thought it would be fun to make a list of the items I have prepared for the arrival of our new baby. I remember when I was expecting our first child I looked for a similar list of essential items to make sure I had EVERYTHING I needed. Now that this is baby #2 I know what I will most likely use the most!
- Car Seat: Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat (I researched for best safety)
- Car Seat Cover: JJ Cole Car Seat Canopy (lightweight for a spring/summer baby)
- Stroller: Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat Stroller Frame (LIGHTWEIGHT)...I haven't decided if a double stroller will be good for my toddler and infant yet because my toddler doesn't like to sit! I'd love some good suggestions for this area!
- Diaper Bag: Vera Bradley "Get Carried Away" Tote (great for a toddler and an infant so everything can fit in ONE bag! It has a wide opening so you can stuff it to the TOP!) I also purchased the matching "Let's Do Lunch" bag for my toddler's sippy cup and snacks and the "ditty bag" to easily fold inside the "Get Carried Away" tote bag to use if I just want to take a few diaper/wipes with me into a store instead of my entire bag that could be left in the car.
- Thermal: Gerber Thermal blankets or Walmart Garanimals Thermal Baby Blankets (I find these to be the perfect size for an infant, I also use them for a "changing pad" when I'm on the go!)
- Muslin: Aiden and Anais Classic Collection Swaddle Blankets (expensive but a nice LARGE blanket)
- Fleece: Carters Fleece Blanket (Just because you need something SUPER soft and warm!)
- Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers (they worked the best for us)
- Wipes: Costco Kirkland Brand Wipes (LOVE THEM!)
- Ointment: A&D Ointment (CVS Brand, smells better then the original and actually smells nice!)
- PJ's: One piece ZIPPER outfits (Gerber brand we used the most)
- Music: Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Take Along Projector Soother
- Bedding: 1st baby I got the whole bedding set in a bag, baby #2 I purchased just the crib sheets, crib bed skirt, and bumper pad (We use the "BreathableBaby Breathable Mesh Crib Liner").
- Under Clothing: Onesies (I like my baby all covered up!)
- Mitten Cuffs Outfits: Used only in the beginning to cover up those sharp little nails! (the separate mitten cuffs never stayed on the first baby so I would go with the outfits that have them built in!)
- One Piece ANYTHING! I love when a whole outfit is in one piece, it just looks comfy!
- Hats: Gerber Cap
- Clothing Detergent: Tide Free and Gentle
- We didn't have much luck with swings and bouncers with baby #1 so I will keep you updated with what works best with #2! We are going to try the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Cradle and Swing that I purchase for $30 at a Mom2Mom sale!
- Bassinet: Graco Travel Lite Crib (we used this on our 1st floor since we live in a colonial)
- Tub: 1st we use the, "Baby R Us Turtle Bath Sponge Cushion" for sponge baths then we transition to the "First Years Newborn to Toddler Tub" for when baby is ready to go into the water!
- Wash Cloths: Baby wash cloths (smaller and soft) I also keep a stash of these in our kitchen for clean up after meals! You cannot have enough of these! They work great!
- Towel: Baby Hooded Towel
Post a Comment